Monday 14 February, 2011

To My Valentine, With Love



When I first saw you walk past me,

I knew you were special.

When I first spoke to you.

I knew you were a delight.

When I first held your hand,

I knew you were the one.

But when I wondered how to call you,

I didn't have an answer.


Friend? Crush? Girlfriend? I don't know,

Wonder how we still keep going though

without giving this a name.

Will it still feel the same,

if I give it a name? Or

will it restrict the freedom we always had?


I can't count the Feb 14s that have gone by,

and I can't count the numerous chances

that I have had to call you my valentine.

Will I have another chance? I don't know.

So here goes. My sweet Valentine,

Let's make it through for another year.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought things like this could be penned down..!! Good..

    ReplyDelete