Tuesday 30 March, 2010

Escapades of the Mind


My morning today began with the usual chores and I packed off from home to park my bike at the parking lot from where I catch my bus to office. This is my daily routine and is a monotonous one. Pack my bag, park my bike, board the bus, take a nap and swipe in at office. But today morning was different. As I parked my bike and walked to the stop, I saw a beautiful girl standing by the shade of a tree. She looked pretty in a green top and blue jean, with a pair of matching dangling ear-rings. Her fair skin tone made her stand out of the crowd. On seeing her, my heart skipped a beat. Wow. It felt good. Wish I knew her name, where she was from and where her desk was. I have seen her before several times at the same place. I even know that she works in my office. But she was never this sparkling.

My gush of emotions was interrupted by the arrival of the bus and by this time she had noticed my glances. And she didn’t frown or turn away. Good. But the perennial pessimist in me was telling me that there were several people looking at her, and she probably didn’t turn away because people were ogling at her from all sides. Hmm. Somehow guys lose their mind when a girl is around. When the bus stopped, she walked in and sat in a 3-seater. I walked past her and sat in the row just behind her’s. After everyone boarded the bus, she suddenly got up and looked back for a moment and searched for someone. It was me. She looked at me in the eye. And for that brief moment our eyes met, and she sat down looking a little awkward after others in the bus started looking at her. Perhaps she wanted me to sit next to her. Damn. I didn’t realize it.
Nothing much happened over the next hour. I was not able to look at her for the entire journey and neither was she. As soon as the bus stopped inside office, she got down and walked away. I followed her quickly. But now we were inside office and she wasn’t as interested as before. When a man is nearby, women lose their mind if other women are nearby. Life!! She noticed me coming towards her and she walked briskly. Hmm. This was going down hill.
As we neared the cafeteria, she walked in to it. I had to go to my desk. She noticed me walking in a different direction and turned around, and glanced at me. Again for a few minutes our eyes met. Wow. Nothing happened beyond that, but it still felt good. I felt light when she walked past the door with a smile on her lips.
A great way to begin my morning, I thought; a pretty looking girl responding to my glances. That’s a great feeling for any guy. What a nice sun shine, I was thinking when I was walking down the pathway. As I turned around, I saw another girl dressed elegantly, smiling and waving her hands. Her slimy, long hands and the shape of her fingers in motion made her look very graceful and elegant. Under the bright sun her skin shone radiantly. My heart fluttered for a few seconds; she blew me away in an instant. I looked at her for a few seconds and then looked at the door where I last saw the girl from the bus, laughed at myself and walked away.

4 comments:

  1. Vyas... i expected a lot to happen but at the end a disappointment ...at least if u ve added to be continued expectation meter would have reached the skies....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-).. didn't think of it.. anyway, working on part 2 of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! nice one bro... awaiting the second part soon... :)

    ReplyDelete